Sunday, March 6, 2011

35 Weeks...Still Breech



Yep, here we are at 35 weeks...T-minus 5 weeks to go and counting.

Went to the doctor this week, and after measuring my belly at 30.5cm, the doctor decided that was on the small side and hadn't grown since 2 weeks before so I had to stick around for a sonogram. After seeing our sweet little baby on the big screen again, everything checks out perfectly - measuring up to about 5lbs 7oz give or take a half a pound or so. That puts Baby Haydel in the 55th percentile for weight at this stage of the game - doctor said they usually shoot to be around 60th percentile.

So...measurement is perfect, but position is not ideal. The baby's head is between 12:00 and 3:00 if you're looking straight on at my belly. Being that that head is supposed to be at 6:00 by this time, now we start looking at "options". Those being, pray for baby to turn itself (which I will surely know at this point since it's taking up about as much room as I feel it has in my abdomen), let them manually try to manipulate my belly from the outside to flip the baby, or opt for a c-section. At this point, we are leaning toward - let God decide. I don't think we are going to let the doctors try to flip the baby as there are too many risks and it's just not a natural procedure. If it flips on its own, great, and if not, then I guess we are getting a glimpse into our future - maybe this baby is going to be stubborn, or maybe it just likes being snuggled close to Mommy's heart!

We will have another sonogram this week to check position, then I guess the doctor will direct us where we go from here. Her estimate for delivery weight - approximately 6-8 lbs.

So, keep us in your prayers that Mommy and Baby stay healthy and well these next few weeks, and that Daddy can put up with Mommy's emotional ups and downs due to things not going "the way I want".

No comments:

Post a Comment